How to respond to wyd?
It comes with the territory of meeting a new person, but honestly, it's loads of fun—especially when they text you something like "WYD?" short for "What are you doing?" Flirting with and getting to know your crush gives you something to look forward to every day, and hearing the ping of your phone and seeing a text from them is undoubtedly the highlight of your day because they, too, are thinking about you. But what if they start the text convo, and you don't really know where to take the conversation?
Continue below for 10 examples of what to say back when your crush texts you "WYD?"
If you're an active person or know your crush enjoys someone who takes care of their body, now is the perfect time to let them know you take your health seriously. Whether you're into yoga, pilates, cycling or a good-ole gym session, this can actually open doors to the two of you potentially working out together.
Also read about: 10 Texts to Send Your Friends When You Miss Them
Sometimes, you've just got to keep it real. No, it's not sexy, but it does show them you're a normal person living a normal life. And if they, too, aren't doing anything, maybe the two of you can cure each other's boredom and hang out.
Also read about: How to Decode These Common Emojis From Your Crush
Nothing makes a friendship or relationship bloom quite like laughter, so if you have a funny video you want them to watch, share it! It's something the two of you can talk about the next time you see each other in person. Plus, this sort of exchange will likely lead to them sending you funny or interesting videos, too.
Also read about: Flirty Texts to Send Your Crush Before Heading Into the Weekend
If you want to spend some one-on-one time with your crush but aren't quite ready for a date, running errands together is just the thing to do. Whether you're picking up dry-cleaning, getting your nails done or running to the farmer's market, this is a fun way to get to know one another.
Don't worry, by sending this, they'll be even more intrigued by the mystery that is you! By not being available to them 24/7, you're showing them that you're a hot commodity and don't have time to play games. Trust us when we say they'll be looking forward to your call.
Also read about: What the Different Heart Emoji Colors Mean
If you're studying, doing homework or anything else you deem daunting, this is a great text to send your crush. By mentioning the weekend, it's a great segue to ask them what they're doing. This will hopefully lead to the two of you sharing what your plans are and possibly hanging out.
By mentioning your group of friends, you're thereby showing your crush that you're a social person. This will then lead them to believe you'd do great in other social situations such as a group hangout sesh or even a one-on-one date. You can even go into more detail as to what you're actually doing to stir up a more meaningful conversation.
Also read about: What to Respond When Your Crush Texts You 'Hey'
Whether you have a dog, cat, rabbit or some other pet, virtually introducing them to your crush is one of the absolute best texts to send. They'll likely mention how cute it is and that they need to meet it some day. You've subtly gotten them to agree to hanging out with them, without even realizing what you've done. Make sure to set an exact day for your date to seal the deal.
Let's face it, we're all guilty of binge-watching shows on Netflix. Chances are, your crush does it, too—so by bringing up your latest obsession, you're opening the door to a fun and flirty text exchange. If the two of you share the same interest, it gives you something to bond over, making you feel like you know them even more. Better yet? Tell them you'd love to watch the show with them some time.
Also read about: What Does the 💕 Emoji Mean?
This text is only for the bold and daring. By blatantly stating your intentions, your crush will know exactly what you want. They'll likely find your courage attractive and will ask you out on the spot. They might even come back and say they were waiting for you to ask. Either way, this reply will likely get you closest to scoring yourself a date.
- 1 “Looking at memes. Check this one out.”
- 2 “Just thinking about you.”
- 3 “Getting ready to go out. You should join us!”
- 4 “Picking out our next date spot.”
- 5 “Struggling to focus in class.
- 6 “Trying to fall asleep, but it's not working.”
- 7 “Not much.
- 8 “Nothing.
How you choose to respond when someone texts you ‘WYD’ really depends on how you feel about this person. You will respond differently if you like them, just want to be friends, or wish they’d leave you alone.
Here are some of the best funny, flirty, and witty responses to WYD for guys and girls.
Texting with a friend is probably easiest as you can just be yourself, and you don’t need to try too hard. Responses to WYD, when you’re in the friend zone, could include any of the following:
Tell them what you’re doing – watching Netflix, chilling, shopping, etc.
Keep your conversation going by sharing a funny picture. Use a meme from your collection if you know what will make them laugh. If you are unsure, try finding one that makes you laugh on Instagram or Facebook.
Keep it relaxed and throw the question back at them.
If you really don’t like the person, then you can either ignore the message or send them something that will stop the conversation and put them off.
When you don’t like the person or do not feel like talking, using this abrupt answer is a good way to end the conversation. By doing this, you can quickly move on and get on with your day.
By sending this, you show them you are unavailable or not interested in chatting.
📢 You might also like to read: How To Make A Guy Regret Ghosting You
If you like the person or dating them, then you might want to be a bit flirty and try one of these:
An effective way to turn the question back to the person is to ask them about themselves. This way, you have enough time to think of something to talk about, and it also shows that you’ve been thinking of them.
For a guy who loves animals, this is the perfect response. Girls appreciate guys who have pets since they demonstrate that they are caring and sensitive to their needs. This gesture will let you know if your partner doesn’t like pets, which is good information to know.
It’s a flirty way of letting her know that you like her. This message is for you if you’ve already been on a date with her or if you’ve shown her you’re interested in her. You can make her feel good by letting her know that you are thinking of her even when she is not around.
It’s an excellent response when you want to ask your crush out or on a date. It gives that person a glimpse into your romantic intentions while letting them know you’re planning something.
Your crush will see you as a social individual by mentioning your group of friends. This will lead them to believe that you’d do well in other social situations, such as group hangouts or a date with someone. For a more meaningful conversation, you can even elaborate on what you are actually doing.
It is a cute and thoughtful response that lets your crush/partner know you are thinking about them.
If you respond this way to a crush, it can give you some insight into their interests and show you whether you have similar tastes in television. If yes, you can discuss the show/movie. If it’s a no, you can use this opportunity to introduce them to something new or perhaps offer to watch it together.
The person will appreciate this sweet response if you’re already dating them. It shows that you care about the person and are always eager to be around them.
The tone of this response is relaxed and easy-going. This comes to good use when you randomly want to invite that person out. People don’t have much time to think about or get nervous when they receive last-minute invitations. You’ll probably get a yes to your impromptu invitation.
You can send this text to your crush when you’re studying, doing homework, or doing anything else you feel is challenging. By mentioning the weekend, it is a good opportunity to ask them what they’re doing. This will hopefully lead to the two of you sharing your plans and possibly hanging out.
❤️ Suggested Reading: Signs He Likes You But Is Playing It Cool
To avoid being a dry texter, follow the above-mentioned responses. These suggestions can be applied to anyone with whom you’re interacting. In general, it is best to avoid one-word texts and the infamous “K.” This makes it difficult for the first person to continue the conversation because it is awkward to respond to one word.
For more tips on how to stop being a dry texter, check out these:
Watch the video below on how to avoid dry texting with a girl:
If you received a WYD in text messages, chances are that your friends use it only to ask what you are up to. Text is always the most common when you’re not into stickers and other features.
With Snapchat’s latest features, you can now overlay your face on several animations on Snapchat so that it appears you are doing outrageous things. As such, you may want to use this feature if you want to send a WYD in a quirky way to a friend.
In this day and age, Snapchat has stickers for every acronym, whether it be WYD or another, so their usage will be bright and quirky.
Abbreviations and Acronyms when texting
A text abbreviation is a shortened version of a word or phrase. In social media posts, abbreviations and acronyms are used to save time, avoid typing, and stay within character limits.
WYD – What (Are) You Doing?
NM – Nothing Much
NMU – Not Much, (How About) You?
NOYB – None Of Your Business
LTD – Living The Dream
LML – Living My Life
OTB – Off To Bed
OTFL – On The Floor Laughing
OMW – On My Way
SITD – Sitting In The Dark
SMH – Shaking My Head
HW – Homework
WRK – Work
MYOB – Mind Your Own Business
IDK – I Don’t Know
HBU – How About You?
In this post, we’ll throw out tons of ways you can tackle this question, from funny to maybe even downright rude. These responses can also be used in response to “what are you up to?” or “whatcha doin’?” when you are watching television, looking at your phone, or otherwise doing something that shouldn’t require the question in the first place.
I don’t know why people ask me that question. It’s not like they don’t know what I’m doing. They can see that I’m sitting in front of a laptop, obviously working on something. And yet, they still feel the need to ask. Well, I’ve had enough. from now on, when someone asks me what I’m doing, I’m going to give them a funny reply.
Here are some of the best replies I’ve come up with so far:
1. I’m trying to decide whether I want to be bored or annoyed today. So far, it’s a tough call.
2. I’m training my dog to roll over and play dead…in exchange for treats, of course.
3. Just living the dream! Making my parents proud! Or not…
4. Trying to figure out how many days I can go without showering before people start calling the CDC.
5. Trying to will spring into existence by wearing flip-flops and shorts outside.
6. Pretending to work so my boss doesn’t realize I’m actually a figment of his imagination.
7. Absorbing approximately 67% of my daily recommended intake of Netflix and memes.
8. Trying to see how long I can go without blinking. So far, so good!
9. I’m trying to teach my cat how to use the toilet, but she’s not a quick learner.
10. Just trying to make it through another day…with coffee, of course.
11. Counting my laundry to be done. One, two, three…nope, that’s it.
12. Trying to remember what I was doing before I got distracted by this piece of lint.
13. Trying to find my mobile. Have you seen it?
14. I’m trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. Any suggestions?
15. Trying to count all the stars in the sky. Good luck!
16. Just trying to stay positive and not let the haters get me down.
17. Trying to avoid all the drama. It’s exhausting!
18. I’m trying to remember what it was like before I had this phone addiction.
19. I’m trying to be more spontaneous, but so far all my efforts have been planned and meticulously executed.
20. Meditating! Just avoid me.
21. Trying to find out if there’s life on other planets. So far, no luck.
22. Figuring out why the weekend is so short. It’s just not fair!
23. Baking cake in my imagination.
24. I’m trying to learn as much as I can about everything. So far, I know a little bit about a lot of things.
25. Turning oxygen into carbon dioxide.
26. Training my turtle for a race.
27. I am practicing being dead.
28. Maintaining social distancing from social media so don’t disturb me.
29. Shampooing the grass.
30. Teaching my fish how to swim.
31. Just finished a marathon…of my bed.
32. Searching for a needle in a haystack.
33. Trying to find out who let the dogs out.
34. Taking a pregnancy test. Wish me luck!
35. Just started my new diet…of air.
36. Trying to figure out what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object.
37. Teaching my dog to speak English.
38. Helping my plants grow by watering them with love.
39. Reasoning with my thoughts of coming out of bed.
40. Kicking boredom in the face!
41. Just enjoying the simple things in life… like breathing and blinking.
42. Trying to find the square root of pi.
43. Trying to come up with a new pick-up line. Any suggestions?
44. Making plans to cancel them.
45. Stalking my crush on social media.
46. Deciphering ancient scrolls to find the meaning of life.
47. Trying to find out how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop.
48. Searching for a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
49. Catching ghosts in my house with my new Ghostbusters proton pack!
50. Changing the config settings for NASA satellites. Same old same old, you know how it is.
There’s no need to be too straightforward when responding to someone who texts you “wyd.” Instead, have some fun with it and keep them guessing! Here are a few flirty ways to respond:
1. Thinking about you. 😉
2. Just missing your face.
3. I’ll tell you when you come over. ;P
4. Picking our new dating spot. 😉
5. I need your help with something.
6. I’ll show you when we’re together. 😉
7. Trying to figure out what makes me fall for you.
8. I was just wondering how much longer I have to wait for our next date. 😉
9. Just trying to remember how you look naked. ;P
10. Anticipating our next kiss. 😉
11. Improving my kissing skills. 😉
12. Missing your touch. 😉
13. Counting down the minutes until I get to see you again
14. Getting ready for bed (wink wink)
15. I’m about to do something very scandalous. Care to join me?
WYD can be short for a lot of things. When it comes to texts, though, it usually stands for “What you doing?” And if you’re looking for a sarcastic response to this question, you’ve come to the right place. Here are a few examples:
If someone texts you “what are you doing?” and you don’t really want to engage in small talk, you can reply with “ignoring you. why?” It’s a little sarcastic, but it gets the point across.
Plus, it might make them laugh. And if they’re not laughing, at least you’re not wasting your time with someone who doesn’t appreciate your sense of humor.
For starters, you could simply reply with “Leaving you on read. Why?” This is bound to throw them off and leave them feeling a bit embarrassed.
At the end of the day, it’s up to you how you want to deal with those pesky WYD texts. But whatever you do, don’t be afraid to be a little sarcastic. It’s sure to get the message across loud and clear.
It’s a casual way to brush them off without being too rude. And who knows, maybe they’ll actually take your advice and mind their own business for once. Either way, it’s a win-win situation.
This response is sure to let the person know that you are not interested in engaging with them. Another option is to simply ignore the text altogether. This will likely frustrate the person even more, but it is a perfectly valid response.
But remember, there are many ways to do so, and the most important thing is that you stay true to yourself.
This response is sure to get a laugh out of the person, and it will let them know that you are not interested in engaging in small talk. If they continue to press you for information, you can simply respond with “I’m busy.”
This short and concise answer will let them know that you do not have time for their questions. If they continue to text, you can always ignore their messages or block their number. Either way, you will never have to deal with their irritating questions again.
This succinct reply gets the point across without being too rude. It’s also a great way to shut down any further conversation. If the person texting you is persistent, you can always follow up with a more pointed response, such as “I’m busy avoiding people like you.” Either way, you’re sure to get a rise out of the person on the other end of the line.
If someone texts you “what you doing?” and you’re not in the mood to share, a great way to shut down the conversation is to reply with “Calculating the money you owe me.” This response is guaranteed to change the tone of the conversation, and it’s a great way to let the other person know that you’re not in the mood to talk.
The phrase “what you doing” is commonly used as a text message abbreviation for “what are you doing.” However, the acronym “WYD” can also be used sarcastically to indicate that the person asking the question is nosy or intrusive.
In this context, a good reply might be “finding a good psychiatrist for you.” This response implies that the person asking the question is crazy for wanting to know what someone else is up to
Instead of just saying “nothing,” try replying with “Do you want a list?” It’s short, sweet, and to the point. Plus, it’s sure to get a laugh out of your friend or family member. If they’re persistent, you can always follow up with a real list of everything you’re doing (or not doing). But chances are, they’ll get the hint and leave you alone.
If you’re someone who hates being bothered, or just enjoys having some alone time, then you’ll love this response. “Enjoying my personal space” is the perfect way to let someone know that you’re not interested in talking, without being too harsh. It’s also a great way to shut down a conversation that you don’t want to have.
If you’re like most parents, you’ve probably been asked this question a million times: “What are you doing?” It’s a perfectly innocent question, of course, but it can also be frustrating when you’re in the middle of something and don’t really want to stop and explain what you’re doing.
So what’s the best way to respond? Here are a few cool ways to answer the question without completely derailing your day:
1. Figuring out how to impress an intelligent kid like you.
2. Just trying to stay busy so I don’t get bored.
3. I’m thinking about all the things I need to do today.
4. Hoping that by the end of the day I can say I accomplished something.
5. Remembering what it was like to be a kid and have lots of energy.
6. Wishing I could go back to those carefree days.
7. Wondering how time flies by so quickly.
8. Realizing that I’m getting older and need to make the most of each day.
9. Hoping that today is a good day for all of us.
10. Smiling because I’m happy to see you.
Hey, it’s the 21st century! Who says you can’t have a little fun with your phone? If you’re tired of the same old ways to respond to “What are you doing?” on TikTok, mix it up with one of these funny responses:
There you have it! Some funny ways to respond to WYD that are sure to get a laugh. Whether you use one of these responses or come up with your own, just remember to keep it light and fun. After all, that’s what WYD is all about.