Ask Sawal

Discussion Forum
Notification Icon1
Write Answer Icon
Add Question Icon

How to find noa in mygov?

2 Answer(s) Available
Answer # 1 #
  • sign in to myGov.
  • select ATO from your linked services.
  • select My profile from the menu.
  • select Communication then History from the drop-down menu.
Answer # 2 #

Your notice of assessment (NOA) is the statement we issue when a tax return or franking credits lodgment is processed.

On this page

The notice of assessment we send you will show the amount of:

When you receive your notice of assessment, you should check everything is correct. You will also receive a tax receipt showing how your taxes have been allocated to key categories of government expenditure.

If you have a tax debt, check our advice on why you may receive a tax bill. If you have a tax bill to pay, your notice of assessment will include your payment advice and due date.

In some cases, we also send a statement of account with a notice of assessment. In this circumstance we attach the payment advice to the statement of account.

Under the law, we have a period of time to review your tax return. During this time, we may increase or decrease the amount of tax payable or refundable on your initial assessment. This review period is normally 2 years, but in certain circumstances it can be 4 years.

We send your notice of assessment to you after we process your tax return or franking credits lodgment. The processing timeframes we aim for depend on the lodgment method you use. If you lodge:

If your lodgment has not processed within these timeframes, check our advice on why there may be a delay in processing your tax return.

From the 2019–20 income year onwards, we will automatically issue some refunds of franking credits for eligible individuals. We will also issue a notice of assessment to those people selected to participate.

We may be able to help you get a quicker refund if you are experiencing serious hardship. Serious hardship means you are unable to provide the following for yourself, your family or others for whom you are responsible:

Before you lodge your tax return, you should contact us so we can:

When you phone, you will need to have your personal details ready. These include:

We will send you a statement of account with your notice of assessment when your account balance is different to the outcome of your assessment. This can happen if:

If you have a myGov account, your notice of assessment is sent to your myGov Inbox. You can view and print some notices of assessment here.

If you require a copy of a current or previous year's notice of assessment and you can't locate it in your myGov Inbox:

If you have lost a refund cheque, you need contact us to ask for a replacement cheque, not just another copy of your notice of assessment. Once we establish proof of identity, we will post a notice of assessment and replacement cheque to you.

Check all the details on your notice of assessment with those in your tax return.

If you have a tax debt, check our advice on why you may receive a tax bill. If you still think there is a problem, contact us for help.

When you phone, you will need your notice of assessment and a copy of your tax return (if possible).

If you made a mistake when completing your return, you can correct (amend) your tax return.

LeRoy Alice
Corps De Ballet