Why won't the sims 4 open?
Sometimes Sims 4 won't open if your installation or some game files are corrupted. So you need to repair the installation of The Sims 4 to try to solve the problem. Open Origin and locate My Game Library from the menu. In Game Library, find and right-click on the Sims 4, and select Repair.
The Sims 4 won’t open is a real issue among its players. Sims 4 is a well-optimized and visually attractive game that leaves a striking impression on all fans of this popular series. However, various bugs have spoiled the gaming experience since the game’s release.
One of the common problems with The Sims 4 is that it is not launching, leading to various frustrations for players trying to fix this. However, so you don’t have to worry, we have prepared this guide to solve this problem quickly.
The most common reasons why your Sims 4 won’t open are:
First, we advise you to do these preliminary checks before the more complex steps:
Now, after finding that the problem still exists, do the following:
1. Right-click on Windows Start Menu and choose Device Manager from the quick menu.
2. Double-click to expand Display adapters when opening the Device manager window.
3. Right-click on your graphics card and click Update driver.
4. Choose Search automatically for drivers and wait to complete the update.
A much easier method to update all your drivers in a Windows 10/11 system is to install DriverFix. This way, you will always have the latest available drivers without thinking and worrying about them being outdated.
⇒ Get DriverFix
If Sims 4 is still not launching, follow the next solution.
1. Press Win+R to show the Run dialog box.
2. Type %appdata% and press Enter.
3. Right-click and delete the Origin folder (or select Delete from the menu).
4. Open the Run dialog box, type %programdata%, and press Enter.
5. In the Origin folder, delete all except LocalContent and Logs subfolders.
6. Delete all from the Logs folder. Exit and reboot your PC.
7. Try to launch Sims 4 to see if the issue is gone.
You’ve probably installed mods for the Sims 4, but be aware that they can affect the game’s behavior and functionality. Mods are not official additions to the game, but the result of the work of enthusiasts, so they can sometimes cause problems. Therefore, if Sims 4 will not start, we recommend that you isolate the mods as follows:
1. Move the Mods folder to your desktop.
2. Try launching the Sims 4.
3. If the game usually starts and runs fine, copy a few mods from the Mods folder on your desktop.
4. Paste the copied mods into the new Mods folder that Sims 4 automatically creates.
5. Now, try to start Sims 4 again. If it works again without issues, then repeat step 3.
6. Repeat the process until the game stops working, so you can quickly determine which mod is causing the problem.
1. Press Win+R to show the Run dialog.
2. Type msconfig and press Enter.
3. Go to the Services tab, select the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox, and click on Disable all.
4. Press the Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys on the keyboard to start Task Manager and select the Startup tab.
5. Now, right-click on each startup item and click on Disable.
6. Close Task Manager and restart the computer.
7. Try to start Sims4 to be sure that issue is gone.
You’ve gone through all the previous steps but can’t successfully open The Sims 4. Then try reinstalling the game. If reinstalling the game doesn’t fix the problem, try reinstalling the Origin client.
The CC folder the game had when it managed to open still contained the same mods I use now (actually I think it combined with my modern one, since it had the up to date MCCC). The only mods I use currently are the height slider & MCCC which were both in the folder when the game successfully opened.
As for the saves, there were over 300 in the old folder that the game opened with, but that not my current folder. The game is not opening with the modern saves despite the fact there weren’t any problems before, but it is opening with the 300+ old ones. I can’t figure out what’s wrong.
I’ve tried repairing the game but nothing happens at all. It’s not that the repair doesn’t work, it’s that it doesn’t even start. I’ve tried multiple times. It’s driving me insane. I’ve just went in & deleted the pre 2020 saves in the modern folder but I’m still getting the same message “You don’t have access: This title may have been downloaded to your device by another user who owns the game. ”. Occasionally, it will instead say “there was a problem on our end, close the app & try again later” (or whatever it says).